Finally got to check out the Georgia Renaissance Festival!
It is located near the airport actually off of 85 on the weekends from April till June 7th.
Here is what it is like:
1) It is hot. So you are going to need sunscreen. The good news is that there are lot of shady places so you are not in it all the time. Bring a hat, bring a hat, bring a hat. Did I say bring a hat? Speaking of dressing up. If you are into that, this is your circus. If you forgot to pack your kilt, don’t worry they sell everything here.
I almost missed these.
2) There is tons of food. Don’t fall for the first steak sandwich shop you pass! If you keep going you will find Steak on a Stick, Turkey Legs and even yummy Fried Green Tomatoes. We didn’t try the chocolate covered bacon but my friends say it is awesome!
3) They put the double, in the double entendre. If they say “there is language in the show” or “not kid friendly”, believe them. FYI the jousting was kosher and the jousting show is held several times a day. They even pulled out the fake blood!
4) Animal Show, Birds of Prey. Got to see an Peregrine Falcon take flight. That was pretty neat!
5) I will say bring your wallet. Everything costs money, except for the live shows. Those are included. But your kids will probably want a face painting, flowered wreath or a ride. Most are about $2 or $3.
Looking for a discount?
Georgia Renaissance Festival Discounts – Get $4 off Adult and $3 off Child (6-12) tickets by using promo code “castle” when purchasing discount tickets on our secure website at www.garenfest.com. Tickets good any day of the 2015 Season (Weekends and Memorial Day Apr 18-June Online discount only. Not good with any other offers.
Get $4 OFF ADULT Ticket Promo Code: Castle
Get $3 OFF CHILD Ticket Promo Code: Castle
Thanks to the US Family Guide of Bloggers for the tickets.